Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. We want to help everyone who uses WSW Consultancy Limited’s (WSW) services to get the most out of them. This policy covers all our services.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) and will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
WSW specialises in building, design and architectural services and where is it necessary for us to collect personal details (property address, contact details etc.) this will be kept to the minimum to allow us to carry out any services you may have instructed us to perform. The policy below explains how the GDPR and the current ePrivacy Directive applies to the way WSW handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data.
Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how this might be used.
Who controls my personal data?
- The Data Controller is WSW Consultancy Limited. It is Registered in the UK - Company Number 8539448
- Our business address is 180 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire GU51 4DA
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Managing Director, Richard Woods
- You can contact him at Richard@wswconsultancy.co.uk
- You can call him on 01252 811011
- WSW Consultancy Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office - Certificate Number ZA268046
What type of data will we collect and process?
· WSW collects personal data about you in order to carry out building and architectural services. The categories of personal data we collect may consist of information including (but not limited to) your name, address, email address, contact telephone numbers and relevant health and safety.
Why do we collect and process personal data?
· We collect and process personal data only insofar as it is necessary to support any services you may have engaged us to perform.
· By instructing WSW you consent to us collecting and processing this data and disclosing this information to prospective building contractors, local authorities and other associated suppliers and trades for delivery of the project.
What is the legal basis of the processing of personal data?
· Your ‘Consent’ to process personal data - This is defined by the GDPR standard of ‘consent’ as a legal basis for processing personal data and is defined as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
· By submitting your personal data to us you Accept and Understand that this is a valid, legitimate business interest or legal basis for processing your personal data
· Necessary for the performance/establishing a business relationship with the Data Subject
· The vital interests of the Data Subject, such as Health and Safety requirements
· Public Interest
· To comply with a legal obligation, such as HMRC legislation
· To pursue a legitimate business interest
Who will have access to the data held on our systems?
· The recipients of personal data are limited to WSW’s personnel
Do we pass data to third parties?
· We may pass your details onto prospective associated suppliers/trades for the delivery of the project, but only with your consent to do so.
· We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information.
Will the data be transferred outside of the UK? If so, what safeguarding measures are in place?
· WSW will ensure that if Data is sent outside of the EEA it will be subject to the equivalent data protection measure as laid down by the EU. Such as Adequacy Notices, Binding Corporate Rules, EU Model Clauses, The Data Subject’s consent but not limited to these.
How is this data safeguarded?
· We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken reasonable steps to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
· Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and to prospective associated suppliers/trades for the delivery of the project,
How long will the data be kept for?
· We may keep your data for a period of up to 6 years after our last known dealings with you, unless there is another legitimate business reason, regulatory requirement (RICS) or legal requirement to keep this longer .
· The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
· You have the right to ‘be forgotten’ and to ask us to no longer process your personal data. However, we also reserve the right to retain certain personal information in order to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information, for a period of time as defined by law.
· WSW will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when we are in receipt of a Data Subject’s request to do so, whichever is the earlier, providing there is no other legal or legitimate business interest to keep it.
· You may request for your name and personal data to be removed from our records at any time. This will be confirmed by WSW within 30 days of your request unless there is another legal or legitimate business interest for us to keep it and if so this will be communicated to you.
· The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
WSW confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
How do we let you know if our policy changes?
· Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be posted on this page and if substantial, may be promoted on our website or through e-mail notification.
Accessing Your Personal Information
· If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you or have any other privacy queries, please contact us (including full details of your request) at the following address:
WSW Consultancy Ltd
178 - 180 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 4DA
Company Number 8539448. Registered in England and Wales.